Remember Nobel Prize?
Norwegian lawmaker nominated
for Nobel Peace Prize saying ‘he deserves it more than Obama’ for brokering diplomatic ties between Israel and the United Arab Emirates
- Trump was nominated by Norwegian MP Tybring-Gjedde, from the Progress Party
- Tybring-Gjedde praised Trump for his deal between Isreal and the UAE which he called a Middle East ‘game changer’
- He said Barack Obama got the prize in 2009 ‘for nothing,’ and was rewarded by Trump with a series of retweets basking in praise
- Trump has already lost a Nobel Prize nomination, in 2018 – when he was nominated by Tybring-Gjedde for his summit with Kim Jong Un
- Announced on August 13, the deal means the UAE recognizes Israel and allows direct flights for the first time
- The deal will be signed during a ceremony at the White House on September 15 as Trump looks for achievements to brandish in his re-election campaign
- Actual decision is made next year by Nobel Prize Committee, five-strong group including Norwegian lawmakers
- It does not confirm who has been nominated or shortlisted
Donald Trump basks in praise as right-wing Norwegian lawmaker nominates him for 2012 Nobel Peace Prize saying ‘he deserves it more than Obama’ for brokering diplomatic ties between Israel and the United Arab EmiratesTrump was nominated by Norwegian MP Tybring-Gjedde, from the ultra-conservative Progress PartyTybring-Gjedde praised Trump for his deal between Isreal and the UAE which he called a Middle East ‘game changer’He said Barack Obama got the prize in 2009 ‘for nothing,’ and was rewarded …..
Messy Politics gathered info on this story when it was new… Daily Mail had some dates messed up. Visit the link to see where they have made some corrections on Tybring-Gjedde nominating President trump. They removed the 2012 faux po.
- Donald Trump is nominated for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize | Tybring-Gjedde nom’d - September 9, 2020
- Americans want masks and Americans dont want masks. What can you do if you are sick and people are wreckless around your face with germs. - August 16, 2020
- It’s #messypolitics. Do you have to ask: Does Dolly Parton Support Black Lives Matter? She said it clearly that blacks matter and just because a person is white does not mean they matter more than black people. She brought up “white-asses” not being any better than other skintones. IF blacks dont matter, nobody does, right?! - August 15, 2020