Trump not in favor of war with Iran: Former national security spokesperson

Former national security spokesperson Michael Anton said Wednesday talking to America’s Newsroom that President Trump is not in favor of war with Iran and as an abundance of caution exercise the State Department has ordered non-emergency personnel at the US Embassy and consulate in Iraq to leave the country.

He added that lives and safety of people cannot be risked even though the US has intelligence and it is necessary to protect lives of American people.

Anton further continued that it also works as a message to hostile countries that US is taking action in protecting its people.

He said throughout his presidency Trump has said he does not either want war or conflict with Iran.

Meanwhile, State Department official multiple targets of multiple flavors have been seen earlier in Iraq in 2011.

The department also downplayed potential for military action in Iran.

Trump denied Wednesday any incongruity in approach to Iran and added in a tweet that other options are expressed.

He added that lives and safety of people cannot be risked even though the US has intelligence and it is necessary to protect lives of American people.

His tweet read, “All sides, views, and policies are covered. I’m sure that Iran will want to talk soon.”

Earlier this week, US announced to be deploying up to 120,000 troops to the Middle East amid tensions with Iran. It is not yet clear whether the troops would invade the country.

Related Stories

US could deploy 120,000 troops in Middle East amid tensions with Iran
Iran warns US gesturing beginning of a war

Paul Linus

Paul Linus is a professional writer associated with several online news media houses. He writes on international politics and business. He can be reached here - knowledgeherald@gmail.com
Paul Linus

Add Comment