North Korea tests several unidentified short-range projectiles into East Sea

North Korea fired Friday several unidentified short-range projectiles into the East Sea and in the wake of it South Korea has bolstered its surveillance over the region.

It is not yet known whether banned ballistic missiles were fired. If so, this should be the first such launch after November 2017 test of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

In 2017 North Korea tested several highly powerful weapons.

About the latest test analysts believe it is a message sent by North Korea to United States following a failed submit between its leader Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump in February this year.

Senior research fellow at the Korea Defence and Security Forum, Yang Uk, said the tests are expression of North Korea’s frustration over stalked talks with the US.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said, “We are aware of North Korea’s actions tonight. We will continue to monitor as necessary.”

It is not yet known whether banned ballistic missiles were fired. If so, this should be the first such launch after November 2017 test of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

Lately South Korean Foreign Minister Kang said the North Korean government should show substantial and concrete denuclearization action if it wants to make the imposed sanctions removed.

In 2018 North Korea didn’t carry any missile test.

Kim and Trump had their first summit last year.

Paul Linus