Both the Christchurch mosques which were attacked by gunmen last week in New Zealand have reopened their doors Saturday for worshippers and the first walk included many survivors of the massacre that killed fifty people.
More than forty worshippers were killed at the Al Noor mosque. Prayers resumed here amid guard by armed police. A dad of 3-year-old son Mucad Ibrahim, who too was killed by bullets of gunmen, walked back to the mosque on Saturday with friends for prayers for all those who lost their lives.
After his pray was over he said, “I am very happy… Allah is great to us. I was back as soon as we rebuilt, to pray.”
Most of the victims of mosques massacre of March 15 were refugees or migrants and the deaths reverberated around the Muslim world.
Prince El Hassan bin Talal of Jordan said the Christchurch attacks assailed human dignity and the moment is of deep anguish for humanity.
Since the attack New Zealand has been under high alert security and Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is moving ahead in the making of new, tough gun law to ban some of the related guns which were used in the massacre.
Earlier in the morning about 3,000 people walked through the city in a “march for love” in an attempt to heal from tragedy.
People were carrying placards like “Muslims welcome, racists not,” “He wanted to divide us, he only made us stronger,” and “Kia Kaha.”
- Mexico using giant X-ray machines at borders to stop hidden migrants in trucks - July 10, 2019
- Solar Eclipse & Fear, Superstition, Violence - July 5, 2019
- Study finds Xinjiang schools separating Uighurs children from families - July 4, 2019