Deadly explosion in the Syrian city of Manbij on Wednesday killed four Americans and the Islamic State terrorists group claims responsibility of the attack.
Pentagon spokesman Commander Sean Robertson confirmed the four killed were United States citizens.
A press statement released by the US Central Command read, “Two US service members, one Department of Defense (DoD) civilian and one contractor supporting DoD were killed and three service members were injured while conducting a local engagement in Manbij.”
The ISIS-affiliated Amaq agency said the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber who was wearing an explosive vest.
According to UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights the death toll counts due to attack reaches at least eight.
White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said Trump has been briefed about the attack.
Press secretary tweeted Vice President Mike Pence has been briefed too about Wednesday’s attack.
Pence said he and Trump condemn the attack and signaled US troops will still be pulled out from Syria as earlier announced by Trump.
Trump announced withdrawal of US troops from Syria last month saying the ISIS has been defeated.
Lately Trump and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan discussed about the ongoing cooperation in Syria.
Latest posts by Paul Linus (see all)
- Mexico using giant X-ray machines at borders to stop hidden migrants in trucks - July 10, 2019
- Solar Eclipse & Fear, Superstition, Violence - July 5, 2019
- Study finds Xinjiang schools separating Uighurs children from families - July 4, 2019