Turkish foreign minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said Thursday attacks could be launched soon on the Kurdish fighters in Syria even if the Trump administration delays calling back the 2,000 US troops.
The Kurdish fighters in Syria are ally to United States and Turkey considers the group as terrorists.
Last month president Trump surprisingly announced to be withdrawing US troops from the war-torn country. Following it Defense Secretary James Mattis stepped down blaming the commander-in-chief was abandoning US allies.
National security adviser John Bolton lately said the US troops withdrawal could be delayed until Ankara assures the Kurdish fighters would be protected and ISIS is defeated.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan earlier had refused to meet Bolton in Ankara saying he is making a mistake.
Addressing to the parliament Tuesday the president added Ankara will not be making such compromises to protect the Kurdish fighters.
He said if the Kurdish fighters are terrorists, they will do whatever is required.
- Mexico using giant X-ray machines at borders to stop hidden migrants in trucks - July 10, 2019
- Solar Eclipse & Fear, Superstition, Violence - July 5, 2019
- Study finds Xinjiang schools separating Uighurs children from families - July 4, 2019